I would like to thank the committee of ASCUK for inviting me to judge their 30th Anniversary Show, and for arranging such a nice big ring for me, to enjoy the movement
of the dogs.
I was happy to watch the overall type and quality of the dogs being of a high standard.
A lot of the dogs has a roll over the back in movement, which is excusable in young dogs, but definitely not in an adult. Unfortunately, a problem we see increasingly
in the breed, and something we should try to breed away from, as the standard ask for a “strong, firm level topline”.
Most of the dogs did have a nice long upper arm, and balanced angulation, which made me very happy.
Last but not least, I’d like to put the attention on teeth. I was scared to see how little attention the owners gave to the teeth of their dogs, keeping in mind that it
does have other severe health issues connected to it, than just loss of teeth.
My Junior Handler was a very talented young girl, who understood how to show her dogs virtues to perfection.
I was very pleased with my winner dogs.
Best Of Breed came from Limit Dog, and was Lamintone Cloud Burst. A medium size blue merle dog, who was very balanced, stacking as well as on the move. Best Opposite
Sex - Dancing on the Ceiling del Whymper Delle Grande Jorasses (Imp Ita), was a Yearling Bitch. Again a very balanced dog, but even though I do like a nice bitch, she was a little bit too unfinished
to beat the male on the day.
Minor Puppy Dog
- Challenger’s Lyveden Pacon Paladin. Well-proportioned puppy, with a mature head, which I hope will not develop further. He has enough angulation both ends, and is
standing nicely underneath himself in front. Moves with drive and nice foot timing, though a little parallel in the rear. (BPIS)
- Morley’s Trijem Magic Trick. A very nice blue merle puppy, with a nicely filled out head, and balanced angulations. He is slightly long in the loin, with gives him a
roll while moving.
- Rohland’s Solluaria Elton John. Well-proportioned black tri dog of good size. Well filled out head and correct high ear set. Balanced angulation, and standing well
underneath himself. Nice bone and feet, and correct level topline. Moved with nice drive from all sides.
- Garside’s Mistyholly Fire In The Sky. Nice balanced puppy, with a well filled out head. He could have smaller ears. Balanced angulation, but could have tighter paws.
Moves with drive, rolls over the back.
- Birgisdottir’s AKC Ch Kraftbrew’d Blossi at Heimsenda (Imp USA) Nice junior of correct size and type. V shaped head with well-set ears of good size; well angulated;
nice long rib; nice bone and paw. Moves correct from all sides.
- Allan and Harlow’s Allmark Shenanigans. A junior dog that is right up to size. V-shaped head with big ears. Would like a longer rib, and more angulation both ends.
Paws could be tighter. Moves with drive, but narrow behind, and with a roll over the back.
- Gatenby, Green and Blackburn’s Gentle Man Labokan Slovakia (Imp Slo). Nice masculine head, with good size ears. Needs to settle in his angulation, which makes him a
little leggy on the day, and being out of coat doesn’t help him. Nice balanced move with level topline.
- Allan and Harlow’s Allmark Shenanigans
Post Graduate Dog
- Knott’s Lyveden Texas Ranger. Nice masculine head. Would like a more almond shaped eye and smaller ears. Chest could have more spring of ribs; level topline with a
slightly long loin: enough angulation both ends; would like tighter feet. Moves with drive, but has a roll over his back.
- Rogers and Taylor Love at the First Sight of Hickory Lake for Mysibul. Well-proportioned male. Scull could be wider and ears smaller. Would like more spring of ribs.
Balanced angulation. Nice bone, but paws could be tighter. Standing east/west in front. Moves with drive, but weaving in front and with a roll.
- Mee’s Lamintone Clouburst. Nice masculine head, with a slightly round eye. Well angulated front and rear; nice spring of ribs; nice bone and paws; level topline; sound
mover. DCC and Best of Breed (BIS)
- Knott’s Lyveden Rairock Rebel. Nice balanced dog. Scull could be wider, eye more almond shaped and ears higher set. Nice bone and paws. Well angulated front and rear;
nice spring of ribs, level topline. Moves correct from all sides, but with a roll.
- Spavin’s Ch Hearthside Man of Mystery at Dialynne JW (Imp USA) Nice masculine dog of good size. Nice head, eye and ear. Balanced angulation. Chest could be slightly
longer and he could have more fore chest. Level topline. Moves with drive, correct from all sides. (RDCC)
- Morley’s Ch Trijem Beach Hoppin’ Dude. Nice well filled out head with an alert expression. Well angulated front. Nice spring of ribs and super fore chest. Would
like more rear angulation to balance the front. Unfortunately he has a falling pelvis that influences his movement, and gives him a slight roll.
- Gladwell’s Ch Snowbelt’s Winning Ticket for Jotars ShCM (Imp USA) Nice balanced veteran. He could have a more masculine head, with smaller ears. Well angulated; Sound
- Keel’s DrCral Majestic Prince ShCM Pre Beg ‘Ex’ Nice head with high set ears. Balanced angulation; could be in better coat condition on the day; moves well.
Minor Puppy Bitch
- Flaherty’s Lyveden Pacon Pandora. Well balanced puppy, that is just up to size. Well filled out scull for the age, but muzzle could be shorter. Nice bone and feet.
Moves with drive. (RBPIS)
- Gladwell and Bluck’s Jotars Follow The Dream. Puppy of good size. V-shaped head with slightly big ears. Shoulder could be better laid back; chest could be longer and I
would like more fore chest. Balanced movement.
- Longhurst and Gregory’s Wilduc Next to Me at Sporarton. Beautiful feminine head, with nice ear and eye. Moderate angulation; length of chest; correct bone and feet;
Moves with drive, correct from all sides.
- Wilson and Cudworth’s Wilduc Syndicate. Feminine bitch, with a nice head, ear and eye; moderate angulation and bone: paws could be tighter; nice spring of ribs but I
would like more fore chest; nice mover but with a roll.
- Allan and Harlow’s Allmark Vanity Fayre JW ShCM Nice feminine head, with a slightly big ear. Well angulated. Nice body with well sprung ribs. Could have more fore
chest. Correct bone and feet. Moves with drive, but a roll over the back.
- Miller and Haslam’s Allmark Glitz n Glamour at Meitza JW ShCM Nice feminine head, with a slightly round eye and ears that could be smaller. Balanced angulation, could
have more fore chest. Correct bone and feet, moves with drive, but a roll over the back.
- Spavin’s Dancing on the Ceiling del Whymper Delle Grand Jorasses (Imp Ita) Nice balanced bitch, with a feminine head. Ears could be higher set. Well angulated front
and rear; nice spring of ribs; correct bone and feet. Moves with drive, correct from all sides. Well presented. (BCC and RBIS)
- Gibbons, Jones and Spencer Austrian Dream Cupcake to go with Wispafete (Imp Aut) Feminine head with slightly big ears. Balanced angulation.
Well filled out chest. Level topline. Moves correct from all sides.
Post Graduate Bitch
- Harrison’s Silvarcea Annie McPhee for Kishaya. Well proportioned. Nice feminine head; correct eye and well set ear. Moderate but balanced angulation (might need to
settle in angulation). Nice spring of ribs; correct bone and feet. Moves correct from all sides.
- Hawkins Moonstyle Flicks Minx. Feminine head with correct eye and ear; correct length of chest, but due to lack of depth of chest, she is standing east/west on the
front. Would like more angulation front and rear. Sloping pelvis. Borderline white. Would like more ground covering movement, correct going but out of elbows in front.
- Gibbons, Jones and Spencer Austrian Dream Cupcake to go with Wispafete (Imp Aut). Nice feminine bitch, but needs to grow into the ears. Balanced angulation; well
sprung ribs; level topline; moves with drive, slightly parallel in the rear. (RBCC)
- Challenger’s Lyveden Texas Rose. Feminine head with a nice filled out muzzle. Ears could be smaller. Moderate angulation front and rear; well sprung ribs, but would
like more forechest. Level topline. Moves with drive, correct going, out at the elbows coming.
- Dowson’s Allmark Rockin’ Robyn at Ozzypool. Nice bitch of good size. Feminine head, with well-set ears of good size and a slightly round eye. Well angulated. Well
sprung ribs; nice bone, but would like feet tighter. Soft topline when stacking, but moves with nice level topline. Would like to see her in better condition.
- Mee’s Lamintone It’s All About Me. Feminine bitch. She has a narrow scull, which gives her a slightly long head. Correct eye and ear. Nice front angulation, but would
better balance with the rear. Would like more drive in the movement.
- Challenger’s Ch Lyveden Castill Chandra. Nice feminine bitch. Correct well filled out head, with a slightly round eye. Well angulated; nice body. Moves with drive and
a level topline. (RBVIS)
- Fuller’s Ch Trijem Yuletide Cracker ShCM. Nice od fashion type bitch. Beautiful head, eye and ear. Well bodied, balanced angulation. Moves with level topline, but a
- Morley’s Ch Trijem Beach Hoppin’ Dude. Stud dog that shows a group of very young but nice offspring, that all carries their father’s virtues.
Judge: Janne Kronstan (Khetashio Kennel – Denmark)