Judge ~ Mrs Louise Fuller (Silvarcea)
BEST IN SHOW
LAMINTONE CLOUD BURST ShCM
RESERVE BEST IN SHOW
WILDUC NEXT TO ME AT SPOTARTON
BEST PUPPY IN SHOW
JOTARS LIES AND DECEIT WITH ALFSDEN
BEST VETERAN IN SHOW
JIDACE BEALACY TO SHEPWOOD
BEST JUNIOR HANDLER
Many thanks to the ASCUK committee for inviting me to judge the 2017 open show; it was such a privilege and honour. I had some lovely dogs to go over and was very happy with my winners.
Temperaments were second to none, only one bad bite, but teeth need attention, no excuse for young dogs especially to have dirty teeth. Presentation on the whole was very good.
Thanks goes to my stewards Lydia and Jo for keeping everything running smoothly.
PUPPY DOG (1)
1) MILLIGAN - JOTARS LIES AND DECEIT WITH ALFSDEN 10 month old blue merle with a lovely head and expression. Correct eye shape and ear placement. Correct scissor bite. Well laid shoulders, with correct front angulations. Level top line which he held on the move, with good drive from rear. Moved well once settled, certainly enjoyed his time in the ring which I like to see from a pup. Best Puppy Dog and Best Puppy In Show
JUNIOR DOG (3)
1) ROBERTS – MOVES LIKE JAGGER ELVKAM (Imp POL) 14 month old black tri, in super coat condition with good clear colour. Lovely head piece with beautiful expression. Correct almond shape eyes. Good length of neck leading into correct shoulders. Front and rear angulations match. Moved with drive, just his high set tail slightly detracts from his lovely shape when moving, never the less a very promising youngster.
2) SUCH – SOLOYAL VALENTINO 19 month old black tri, correct bite and eye shape, good clear colour, correct angulations front and rear, moved very well in all directions holding a level top line.
Slightly longer in loin than 1, and just preferred the width of muzzle on 1st place.
Presented in lovely coat and condition.
3) MILLIGAN – JOTARS LIES AND DECEIT AT ALFSDEN
NOVICE DOG (1)
1) ROHLAND – SOULLARIA ELTON JOHN 20 month old black tri in super coat and condition. Lovely head and expression, with correct eye and ears. Correct front and rear angles, just a little short in neck. Nice short loin, level top line, well set tail, and moved well once settled. This handler has really worked hard with him.
POST GRAD DOG (1)
1) WHEELER-SMITH – LAMINTONE DRAGON RIDER 2 year old black tri, in very fit condition. Lovely head and expression, correct bite, level top line with well carried tail, moved well once settled, just needs a little more ring practice.
LIMIT DOG (2)
2 Very different males
1) CROTTY – LAMINTONE CELESTIAL STORM AT SOULLARIA ShCM 4 year old black tri of lovely type, I have always admired this male from ringside and it was lovely to get the chance to go over him. Correct head with the kindest eye and expression, good length of neck and correct front angulations, level top line which he held on the move, correct rear angulations and well carried tail, moved with purpose and drive. Just not in the best of coats today. Reserve Best Dog
2) BROWN – DIALYNNE A PERFECT PACKAGE FOR SHEPWOOD 3 ½ year old red merle of smaller type than 1. A very happy boy with a lovely expression, correct bite, good angles front and rear. Moved ok. Would just like a little more size and length to him.
OPEN DOG (2/1)
1) MEE - LAMINTONE CLOUD BURST ShCM 4 year old litter brother to limit dog winner, and very similar comments apply. Blue merle of correct clear colour. Lovely head and expression, front and rear angulations match, good length of neck, Moved with drive and held a level top line, nice tight feet and presented in beautiful condition. Carrying a little excess weight, but this didn’t affect his movement. Couldn’t deny this male Best Dog and Best In Show
VETERAN DOG (3/2)
1) KEEL – DRCRAL MAJESTIC PRINCE ShCM Pre Beg ‘Ex’ 11 ½ year old black tri, an old favourite. Well constructed smaller type male, good bite and teeth for age, correct front and rear angles, and still moved well, although as the day went on he was obviously feeling it a bit. A real credit to his owners. Best Veteran Dog
PUPPY BITCH (2)
1) TURNBULL & MOSTERT – BREEZY-THORN VALLEY RED SUNSET (Imp NLD) 6 month old red tri, very raw puppy but everything is there. The prettiest head and expression, great rich colour, nice length of neck with correct angulated front. Good depth of chest for one so young. Correct rear angles and well placed tail, which she carried well on the move, very promising pup. Best Puppy Bitch and Reserve Best Puppy In Show
2) MYALL & TIMPERON – TRIFORCE MODESTY BLAISE 6 month old pup who looks more mature than 1 standing, but just slightly less collected on the move. Pretty head which still needs to develop, with a lovely expression. Correct eye shape and well set ears, good depth of chest and correct angles, well bodied and coated, very promising pup who has plenty of time on her hands.
JUNIOR BITCH (3)
1) FLUDDER – NOTACOLLY MAYBE LUCKY 17 month old red merle, of the richest colour. The most mature in this class. Really lovely to go over, head coming along well with correct eye and ears. Good length of neck, correct angulations front and rear, well ribbed back with level top line. Saw enough movement to warrant class win, in good fit condition.
2) TURNBULL, CLEGRAM & HOLLIGAN – JENKOVA DARK SECRET 15 month old black tri who left her coat at home today, but nothing to hide. Prettiest of heads with a lovely expression, correct eyes and ears. Correct bite. Nice length of neck with correct angulations front and rear, good depth of chest, just a little longer in loin than 1. Moved very well in all directions, just needs time to finish. Very promising.
3) BUSBY – RAZKIAH QUEEN OF HEARTS
NOVICE BITCH (1)
1) NEWELL – LAMINTONE DARE TO RESIST 2 year old black tri, my notes say a very honest bitch. Slightly out of coat today but nothing to hide. Good head with correct bite, eye and ear set. Enough neck leading into good shoulders and front angulations. Nice short loin and level top line, moved very well in all directions. She still has plenty of time to finish.
POST GRAD BITCH (2)
1) MEE – LAMINTONE DARE TO DREAM 2 year old black tri in full coat and gleaming condition, pretty expression, with good eye shape and ear set. Lovely length of neck into well laid shoulders, and correct front and rear angulations. Nice and short in loin. Moved very well. Would just prefer a stronger head and a little less weight on her.
2) BLAND – SOULLARIA BACK TO BLACK AT HILANDES 2 ½ year old black tri, preferred the head of this bitch, but would just like a little more size to her. In lovely coat and condition, good depth of chest, level top line, short loin, good angulations front and rear. Moved well holding top line and a well carried tail.
LIMIT BITCH (6/1)
A lovely class of very different bitches
1) LONGHURST & GREGORY – WILDUC NEXT TO ME AT SPOTARTON 20 month old red tri, just loved her strong but feminine head and expression. Good neck leading into well laid shoulders, front and rear angulations correct. Good depth of chest, and nice short loin. Level top line which she held on the move. Moved with drive from those nice short hocks, but nothing exaggerated in her movement. Couldn’t deny her Best Bitch and Reserve Best In Show. Well done, I’m sure she will have a bright future.
2) GIBBONS – THUNDERHILL EVERLASTING TICKET FOR GIBBANDS (Imp DEU) 5 year old black tri in gleaming coat and condition. Pretty head and expression, with correct eye shape and ear set. Nice length of neck leading into good shoulder and well angulated front. Level top line, and nice short loin. Correct rear angles and moved with drive.
3) SIMPSON – RANNALEROCH CHILACA AT APPLECREEK BEG ‘EX’
OPEN BITCH (2)
1) TURNBULL & CLEGRAM – JENKOVA BRIGHT LIKA DIAMOND 4 year old black tri bitch who I have always admired. Love her head and expression. She has a correct bite, eye shape and ear set. Good lay back of shoulder and a nice level top line. Good rear which she used to drive round the ring, could watch her move round the ring all day. Gave her handler a hard time, who I understand was handling her for the first time today, so well done. Reserve Best Bitch
2) GATENBY & GREEN – ARMATAN I MADE IT THROUGH (ai) 8 year old blue merle, not showing her age at all. Love her head and expression, with well set ears, strong neck, well laid shoulders and good angulations. Short in loin and a level top line. Played her handler up today, but saw enough of her movement once she settled.
VETERAN BITCH (4/1)
1) BROWN – JIDACE BEALACY TO SHEPWOOD 9 year old black tri, with lovely head and expression. Correct bite, strong neck with good angulations front and rear. Moved so well for her age keeping a level top line and using those nice short hocks to drive her. Best Veteran Bitch and Best Veteran In Show
2) GIBBONS – TRIJEM APPLE OF MY EYE AT GIBBANDS 8 ½ year old black tri with a lovely eye and expression. Correct angulations front and rear. Level top line, just slightly longer than 1. Moved well once settled.
3) FLUDDER – TRIJEM THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA WITH NOTACOLY
BLACK/BLACK TRI DOG OR BITCH (8/3)
1) MOVES LIKE JAGGER ELVIKAM (Imp POL)
2) THUNDERHILL EVERLASTING TICKET FOR GIBBANDS (Imp DEU)
3) SOULLARIA BACK TO BLACK
4) SOULLARIA ELTON JOHN
5) TRIJEM APPLE OF MY EYE AT GIBBANDS
RED/RED TRI DOG OR BITCH (3/1)
1) TRIJEM THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA WITH NOTACOLLY
2) LITTLE RED-CAP DU CHEMIN DES KORRIGANS (Imp FRA)
BLUE MERLE DOG OR BITCH (3/1)
1) ARMATAN I MADE IT THROUGH (ai)
2) RANNALEROCH CHILACA AT APPLECREEK BEG ‘EX’
RED MERLE DOG OR BITCH (4/1)
1) NOTACOLLY MAYBE LUCKY
2) RAZKIAH QUEEN OF HEARTS
3) DIALYNNE A PERFECT PACKAGE FOR SHEPWOOD
GOOD CITIZEN DOG OR BITCH (7/2)
1) RANNALEROCH CHILACA AT APPLECREEK BEG ’EX’
2) MOVES LIKE JAGGER ELVIKAM (Imp POL)
3) SOULLARIA BACK TO BLACK AT HILANDES
4) LITTLE RED-CAP DU CHEMIN DES KORRIGANS (Imp FRA)
5) SOULLARIA ELTON JOHN
SPECIAL WORKING DOG OR BITCH (2)
1) RANNALEROCH CHILACA AT APPLECREEK BEG ‘EX’
2) LAMINTONE WISHES FOR ME
1) REBECCA GREEN – A very happy young lady whose dog was giving her a hard time, but this didn’t stop her smiling and enjoying her time in the ring. She was able to show me the dog’s teeth and executed the exercises asked, just got in front of the judge a few times. With practice she will be a great handler. Well done Rebecca
1) MEGAN ROBERTS – An excellent handler who didn’t take her eye off the judge. Handling a young dog and executed all exercises correctly. A bright future ahead. Best Junior Handler WELL DONE MEGAN.
Judge - Mrs Louise Fuller (Silvarcea)
ASCUK is the foundation Australian Shepherd Club in the UK and was formed in 1986 by a few dedicated breed enthusiasts.
If you would like to become a member, please fill in the contact form on the Membership page on the 'About ASCUK' tab.